How you make a housing application is changing
On 30 September 2019, we will be reintroducing our own online process for housing applications. We will publish the link on 30 September.
Please note: from 12 November 2019, you will no longer be able to use Leicestershire Choice Based Letting to apply for housing in the Hinckley & Bosworth area.
- To remain on the housing register, you will need to make a new housing application online
- You will need an email address
- Our new process will only allow you to bid on properties in the Hinckley & Bosworth area
Our housing allocations policy is also changing
If you are on the housing register:
- We will be reassessing your eligibility to remain on the register
- You will receive a letter from us with more details about the changes
Dates for your diary:
- 30 September 2019 – You will be able to access our new website to reapply for housing
- 14 November 2019 – Properties will be advertised on our new website
How to apply for council housing - overview
Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council operates a choice based lettings approach to letting council properties. Vacant properties will be advertised and a home seeker is able to register their interest against any properties that they are interested in where they meet the lettings criteria.
To use this service, you first need to register for council housing (hinckleybosworth-homes.org.uk)
View available properties
Visit Leicestershire choice based lettings (hinckley-bosworth-homes.org). You don't need to register to view properties.
Bid on a property
If you find a suitable property, you can bid on that property. You will first need to register for council housing (hinckleybosworth-homes.org.uk) in order to bid on a property (hinckleybosworth-homes.org.uk)