What to do if you have mental health problems
There is a lot of support available for people who are suffering including coping strategies such as relaxation and reducing tension, talking therapies such as cognitive behavioural therapy, as well as a variety of medications.
It is important not to suffer in silence. If you think that you or someone you know might be suffering from a mental health problem then visit your GP who will be able to advise you what to do next. Find mental health services near to you.
In this section:
- Changing Minds: a Hinckley and Bosworth organisation which brings together all the agencies and organisations that provide services to help our residents recognise and cope with mental health matters
- Dementia Action Alliance: making the borough of Hinckley and Bosworth a better place to live for people with dementia and their carers
- Mental health and stress management
You might also be interested in:
- Start a Conversation (startaconversation.co.uk) is a suicide prevention campaign that aims to build a community that is committed to the mental health and wellbeing of its residents
- Advice for taking care of your mental health: helps you to adopt a healthier lifestyle through taking some simple steps, including why changes should be made and the support available to help you achieve it