Sunday 21 July

Due to maintenance, the facility to pay online and our online application forms where we take a payment will be unavailable for two hours from 4:30am to 6:30am. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Build up of waste on land

Report waste on private and public land


Environmental Health can take action under the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and the Prevention of Damage by Pests Act 1949 where waste has accumulated on private land and it is likely to cause a nuisance to people within the area because it is harmful, poisonous, or unpleasant and likely to attract pests.

How to report waste on private land

Use our Environmental Health contact form 

What happens after reporting this to us

We will contact the owner or occupier of the land asking them to arrange for the waste to be removed. Sometimes it may be necessary to serve a notice on them under the Prevention of Damage by Pests Act 1949 or the Environmental Protection Act 1990 to ensure that it is done within a specified timescale.

If they do not comply with the notice we can arrange for contractors to remove the waste. We will then recover the cost of the work plus an administration fee from the person or persons who we served the notice on. 

How to report waste on public land

Contact Streetscene Services to report fly-tipping

Last Updated:‎ ‎16‎/‎07‎/‎2024‎ ‎16‎:‎04‎