- What is fly-tipping?
- Where we remove fly-tipping
- Why is fly-tipping a problem
- #SCRAP: the fight against fly-tipping
To report fly-tipping tell us:
- Location of the waste:
- Exact location (brook, car park, park or open space, street name and nearest landmark, village)
- What3words location - You have the option of providing a What3words location (what3words.com)
- What has been dumped and how much
- Details of the incident such as description and number of people involved
- Make, colour and registration of vehicle and any special markings
- Your details (optional)
- Photograph of the waste (optional)
We aim to remove fly-tipping within five working days. There may be a delay for heavy items.
If you find illegally dumped waste, please remember:
- Don't disturb the site in case there is evidence that could lead to catching and prosecuting those responsible
- Don't touch the waste because it may include toxic chemicals, asbestos or broken glass
- Visually inspect the waste so you can pass accurate information on
- However, do not do anything that could put yourself in danger
Please note: It is always the responsibility of the landowner to clear up fly-tipping on their land.