Due to maintenance, some forms, and the facility to search planning applications/appeals, building control applications and licensing registers, will be unavailable. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Wheeled bin not emptied - report it
Has your bin been missed? We may not currently be able to return the following day due to staff availability. Report it, leave it out and we'll return as soon as we can over the next few days.
Wheeled bins for recycling, garden waste and refuse should be emptied on the scheduled collection day. All collections are fortnightly and normally start at 7am.
Reasons why your bin may not have been collected:
- It was not your collection day. Please check your scheduled collection day
- Your bin was not at the boundary of your property for 7am on the morning of your collection
- Your bin contained items we do not collect. Find out what goes in your bins
- You put out the wrong bin for collection
- Your bin was too heavy to move or too heavy for the lifting mechanism
- There was something blocking our access to your bin
- Snow/weather conditions prevented us from collecting your bin
- Roadworks prevented us collecting your bin
- A vehicle broke down, preventing us from collecting your bin
If your bin was genuinely missed (that is, none of the reasons listed above apply) you must report it to us by the end of the next working day. You can notify us by using the online form:
Alternatively, you can contact us using the contact details below during working hours. Please note: the working week is Monday to Friday.
When will we return?
We will aim to return to empty your bin within two working days.
Help moving your containers
If you genuinely have difficulty in moving your bins and/or recycling boxes and there is no one else in the household who could help, we can provide assisted collections.
You might also be interested in:
Updates on bin collections: weather and issues affecting bin collections
Last updated: 04/01/2023 22:00