Help with housing if you're leaving care

Help available for 18, 19 and 20 year olds

If you are aged 18, 19 or 20, you can get help from both Leicestershire care leavers ( and the Housing Options Service.

If you are aged 18, 19 or 20 and spent at least one night in care (section 20 Children Act 1989) when you were 16 or 17, you are automatically classed as being in priority need until your 21st birthday, which means that our Housing Options service can help you find a place to live.

Leicestershire County Council can also help you by providing advice and support until you are 25 years of age.

Extra help for moving into a new place

If you are a care leaver moving to a new place, you may be entitled to help with moving expenses or household items, please contact your Leaving Care Worker at Leicestershire County Council.

Last updated: ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2020‎ ‎10‎:‎53‎