Homeless advice for armed forces veterans

Get help early

Contact our housing options service if you think you will be homeless after discharge from the services. Provide a letter of discharge or some other evidence that confirms the date of your discharge from the forces. At that point, we should accept that from the date of discharge you will become homeless.

If you are in self contained armed forces accommodation you may decide to stay there whilst we help you in your efforts to find somewhere to live. If you do this then it is important that you let us know if you are given a notice to vacate or similar.

If you have not left the armed forces yet, you will be able to obtain advice from the Joint Services Housing Advice Office (JSHAO) by contacting them on 01252 787574 or by emailing RC-Pers-JSHAO-0Mailbox@mod.gov.uk.

Last updated: 24/05/2022 09:06