There have been changes to services due to the coronavirus pandemic. Please contact us if you require assistance. Get the latest service information, government news and business support and advice.Coronavirus: information, advice and FAQs
Read the charter
Putting the customer at the heart of everything we do.
At Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council we put the customer at the heart of everything we do. These are the minimum standards that you can expect from us:
- We will answer most* telephone calls within 60 seconds
- We will respond to letters and emails within 10 working days
- We will acknowledge you and the reason for your visit to the council offices within four minutes
- We will ensure that an appropriate person sees you within 10 minutes or if the officer you need to see isn't available we will arrange an appointment with a specific officer within five working days
- If you complain about a service we will respond to your complaint within 10 working days
These are our values:
- Customer first - we will put the customer first, whether the customer is external or internal
- Team work - we will value staff and work as one team
- Continuous improvement - we will listen, learn, improve and tell people when we improve
Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council is committed to delivering excellent customer service and we developed a customer service charter to underline the standards that must be met and delivered by all officers, for all services. This charter is called 'Putting the Customer at the heart of everything we do'.
Good customer service
We believe that providing good customer service is about:
- Providing an excellent service from the first point of contact, through to satisfactory conclusion
- Dealing with customers' requests efficiently and effectively providing a consistently high level of service
All of our staff adhere to our Equality Policy. The policy promises that the council will promote fair treatment and equal access to services and employment opportunities for everyone, regardless of your race, religion or belief, disability, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment and marriage or civil partnership which are the Protected Characteristics designed by the Equality Act 2010.
We will tell you our first name and the name of the team that we work for when we answer the telephone. Heads of service and senior officers will provide their full name.
Target response times
Phone calls - Our aim is to answer most* telephone calls within 60 seconds.
Letters and emails - We should respond to written correspondence within 10 working days.
Suggestions, improvements, compliments and complaints
We welcome suggestions for improvement. We will let you know if we can make the change you suggest if you ask for a response from us.
We are delighted to get a compliment when you feel you have received outstanding service and we make sure the people concerned are made aware of your compliment.
Our standard is to investigate complaints and send a response within 10 working days. In some cases it may take longer to respond, for example, when a site visit is required. In these cases we will explain the reason for the delay and tell you when a full response will be sent.
The offices at Hinckley Hub, Rugby Road, Hinckley, Leicestershire, LE10 0FR are open:
Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5pm and Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm.
Please note that we issue the last ticket to see a customer services advisor 15 minutes before closing time.
Payments by debit or credit card can be made 24 hours a day, seven days a week, on our telephone payment line, call: 01455 619617
For further information contact Customer Services:
- Telephone 01455 238141
- Fax 01455 251172
- Complete our contact form
For out of hours council emergencies call: 01455 251137
* 85% of calls answered
Last updated: 20/02/2019 16:55