Information on the black wheeled bin service
These pages give details about the refuse service.
We are working very hard to provide information to residents and to improve the range of services to ensure that we protect the environment for future generations. We hope that residents will take part in our recycling initiatives, which we have made as easy as possible. If we all do our best to minimise waste and recycle as much as possible then together we can make a real difference. Please browse through the related pages for information on the recycling services.
General overview of the refuse service
Residents are provided with a black wheeled bin according to the number of permanent residents in the property as follows:
- The traditional family size holds 240 litres - suitable for a family of three or four
- A smaller bin holds 140 litres - suitable for two persons
- The larger bin holds 360 litres and is available for families of five or six
- Combinations of the above bins are available for much larger families
Calendars: all recycling and refuse services are now detailed on one calendar. Your recycling collection day will match either your brown or black wheeled bin. The calendars are posted with the annual council tax bill in March each year unless your property has a rural collection. Rural collection calendars will be hand delivered by the crew when they service your bins. Recycling and refuse calendars are now available online. This link will show you the full pattern of collections and give you the opportunity to download the calendar for your property. If you would like us to send a paper copy of the calendar to you by post then please contact us.
- To provide the waste collection service on agreed scheduled days to all areas of the borough
- Provide you with replacement waste containers within five working days
- Collect a bin that we miss by the end of the next working day
- Return your waste container to an appropriate position on your property boundary
Please browse through the frequently asked questions for more information on how the service works. If anything is unclear or hasn't been answered then please do not hesitate to contact us.
Last updated: 27/03/2019 08:08