Submission, examination and referendum
Referendum Result 4 May 2023
Results of the Witherley Neighbourhood Plan Referendum held on Thursday 4 May 2023 have been published on the following webpage:
To summarise, the Witherley neighbourhood plan referendum received 210 'yes' votes, versus 353 'no' votes, (turnout was 47.79%). As a result, more than half of those voting have voted against the Neighbourhood Plan, and therefore the plan is not made, meaning it will not form part of Hinckley and Bosworth’s development plan.
For information on next steps, please contact Witherley Parish Council, or Planning Policy at the Borough Council.
The required specified documents for the referendum can be viewed below. Information on how you can view hard copies of the plan, and how to vote in the referendum, can be found in the Referendum Information Statement.
- The Referendum version of Witherley Neighbourhood Plan (PDF)
- Referendum Information Statement (PDF)
- General Information on Planning for the Referendum (PDF)
- The Basic Conditions and Compliance Statement (PDF)
- The Examiner's report (PDF)
- The Regulation 16 Representations on the plan
You can also find other neighbourhood plan documentation, including all appendices and supporting evidence, on the Witherley Parish Council website:
- Witherley Parish Council - Neighbourhood Plan Referendum supporting document (witherleyparishcouncil.gov.uk)
You can find information on elections, including neighbourhood plan referendums, on the following page:
The Examiners report
The Examiners Report can be viewed below, as well as the Regulation 18 Decision Statement and the modifications table:
- Examiners Report January 2023 (PDF)
- Regulation 18 Decision Statement March 2023 (PDF)
- Modifications Table March 2023 (PDF)
As a result of the above, the plan can now proceed to referendum subject to the modifications recommended by the Independent Examiner and the Borough Council.
The examiner, Mr C Collison, requested the following documents be published on the website in relation to the examination.
- Examiner's initial letter 12 December 2022 (PDF)
- Examiner's letter seeking clarification of matters 2 January 2023 (PDF)
- Response from Witherley Parish Council and Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council 19 January 2023 (PDF)
- Appendix 1 to response from Witherley Parish Council 19 January 2023 (PDF)
The examination closed close of play 25 January 2023. The Examiner's Report was issued to the Parish Council and the Borough Council.
Results of the consultation
Regulation 16 representations can be found on the following page:
Regulation 16 Submission Consultation
The submission version of Witherley Neighbourhood Plan was subject to public consultation as per Regulation 16 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012.
You can view the submission version of the neighbourhood plan below:
- Witherley Neighbourhood Plan - submission version (PDF)
- Witherley Parish Neighbourhood Area (PDF)
- Witherley Neighbourhood Plan - consultation statement (PDF) (witherleyparishcouncil.gov.uk)*
- Witherley Neighbourhood Plan - basic conditions statement (PDF) (witherleyparishcouncil.gov.uk)*
- Minutes from the Parish Council meeting agreeing the submission of the neighbourhood plan (PDF) (witherleyparishcouncil.gov.uk)*
*Please note, these links are to Witherley Parish Council's website where supporting documents are being hosted. If there are any issues with accessing these files, please contact the borough council or the parish council as soon as possible.
Comments on the plan were invited between Friday 16 September and 5pm Friday 4 November 2022. The Borough Council also made hard copies available to view at the Hinckley Hub and Atherstone Library. Our preferred method of response was our online form, but a hard copy of the form was also available on request.
Regulation 15 Submission
The submission version of Witherley Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP), prepared on behalf of Witherley Parish Council, was submitted to the Borough Council under Regulation 15 of The Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 on 31 December 2021. You can view the Regulation 15 acceptance statement below:
Last updated: 28/04/2023 10:22