Bins for a new home

Important information: bins for a new home

From 1 April 2015 the council began charging for wheeled bins provided to new homes according to the council's scale of fees and charges.

This is not limited to the first time a home is occupied. For example, a resident moving into an existing home will be required to pay for their bins if none are left by the previous resident. This applies regardless of who owns the property, (it applies to rented, social and privately owned properties).

Important information:

  • New builds (first occupancy): it is possible that the developer will be paying for the wheeled bins. Please check with them before making any payment
  • Other properties (not first occupancy of property): if the previous occupiers have not left their wheeled bins then you will need to order and pay for the refuse, recycling and garden bins (if required)
  • Apartments: the council will agree communal facilities with the developer

New to the area? Bins and collection services we provide

Last updated: 27/03/2024 14:05