Fire safety, flames and hot surfaces

Communal buildings

If you live in a property with a communal entrance, for example, a block of flats or a supported housing complex, there will be a fire risk assessment for your building.

If you are renting, ask your landlord about where to get a copy of the risk assessment, which is usually carried out by the freeholder of the building. If you are a leaseholder, ask for a copy from the freeholder. If you do not know what the fire safety advice is for your building, ask the responsible person or organisation for guidance and/or a copy of the fire risk assessment. Do not compromise fire safety by propping open fire doors, taking off the door closers or leaving combustible items in communal areas.

For further information visit fire safety guidance (GOV.UK)

Last updated: ‎27/04/2023 12:54