How to apply for a club premises certificate

Licensable activities and process

Licensable activities are defined as:

  • The sale by retail of alcohol
  • The supply of alcohol by or on behalf of a club
  • The provision of regulated entertainment
  • The provision of late night refreshment

Regulated entertainment is defined in the act as:

  • A performance of a play
  • Indoor sporting events
  • Boxing or wrestling match
  • A performance of live music
  • Any playing of recorded music
  • A performance of dance
  • An exhibition of a film

The following will be needed:

  • A completed application form
  • Plans of the premises (scale 1:100)
  • The relevant fee

Once the documentation is completed, please forward the originals to our licensing team.

A certificate of service is required with the application unless you apply online, in which case your application will go to all the responsible authorities automatically.

If you require a certificate of service, please complete our licensing contact form

Plans and advertisement

Plans of the premises relating to the application are required by the council. New applications and variation applications for existing licences must be advertised by the applicant by way of a public (blue) notice both on the premises and in a local newspaper.

Download the public blue notice (PDF)

Download the public notice for advertising in a local newspaper (PDF)

Last updated: ‎06‎/‎06‎/‎2023‎ ‎14‎:‎58‎