Published Tuesday, 22 April 2014
ORGANISERS planning to hold summer holiday activities for children in Hinckley & Bosworth may find they are eligible for financial help from the Borough Council.
Grants of up to £250 may be available from the council’s Summer Activities Fund for those community groups’ holiday schemes that meet the relevant criteria.
The schemes must:
- Provide new activities or extend current provision
- Offer activities for children aged between 6 and 11 years
- Demonstrate attractive provision designed to stimulate and increase take-up and sustain participation
- Target children and young people who live in Hinckley & Bosworth Borough
- Develop links to local clubs and organisations
- Run in a safe and fun environment
Types of projects that will be considered include: sports activities, arts activities, diversionary activities, leisure activities and play activities.
Priority will be given to projects being delivered in the rural areas of the borough, outside of Barwell, Earl Shilton , Burbage and Hinckley.
Karen Mason, Sports Development Manager, said:
“This is a great opportunity for community groups, sports clubs, village committees and many others to access a small amount of funding for holiday activities for children across the summer holidays.
We have funded some creative and excellent projects previously including athletics camps, bushcraft, fishing, mini playdays, gardening clubs and a Glee dance workshop. I urge people to be inspired and get their applications in.”
All organisations applying for funding must be aware of their responsibilities in providing activities for children and young people. Safeguarding (child protection) insurance and quality standards must be accounted for in any of the applications made.
The deadline for applications is Friday 20 June at 4.30pm. Successful applicants will be notified by Thursday 26 June.
Last updated: 22/04/2014 15:14
- More articles in the press release archive