It's time to nominate your sporting heroes
Get ready to cast your nomination and help to find Hinckley & Bosworth's sporting heroes of 2021.
Unfortunately, due to the coronavirus pandemic, the traditional format of Hinckley & Bosworth’s Local Sport and Health Alliance (LSHA) annual sports awards has had to be cancelled. However, in recognition of all the hard work that individuals, sports clubs, organisations and schools have undertaken to help others keep active and healthy particularly during lockdown are to be celebrated online. We just need your nominations.
Would you like to:
- Thank someone or a sports club/organisation/school for their support
- Recognise and celebrate their hard work during the pandemic?
- Has your gym instructor gone online and delivered a zumba, pilates or karate class via zoom?
- Has someone helped an older person keep active by joining them on a socially distanced walk regularly?
- Do you know someone who has helped get their sports club started again once restrictions were lifted?
- Has a sports organisation and its members supported their local community?
- Does your school have a ‘Joe Wicks’ inspirational PE teacher or have you as an individual taken up a new sport and got the family to join in?
We want to hear all those active health stories.
Nominations are invited for:
A sports club/organisation
A local club or organisation that has been creative in the way that they have reacted to the crisis. It may have been by helping out in the local community, starting new initiatives or projects, going virtual and hosting online classes to make sure members have been kept active and socially connected.
A school (primary or secondary)
That has taken part in the Leicestershire Rutland and Sport School Games Summer Championships, or creatively and inclusively supported its pupils helping them to stay well.
An individual who has achieved a personal goal and got themselves active or helped others to start taking part in physical activity, and continued to stay active, or may have volunteered in the local community during the pandemic.
The closing date for all nominations is 4pm on Wednesday 15 December 2021.
All those nominated will receive a certificate and with permission will feature on the council’s social media channels during December and January
Last updated: 01/12/2021 11:17