How to report a repair
If your home needs repair work by the council you should contact us as soon as possible.
Repairs such as loss of heating and hot water are urgent repairs which you can report in one of the following ways:
- By telephone - call 01455 238141 and press option 1 to speak to the Housing Repairs Section between 8:30am and 5pm Monday to Thursday, and 8:30am to 4:30pm on Friday. Please phone our Control Centre on 01455 251137 outside these hours
- In person - you can call at the main reception at the council offices between 8:30am and 5pm Monday to Thursday, and 8:30am to 4:30pm on Friday
When you report a repair, tell us:
- Your name and address
- What repair is needed, including the location if possible
- Upload a photo of the repair (optional)
- The days and times when someone will be at home, or other arrangements for us to get into the property
- If you are leaving keys with a neighbour, please give us their address and phone number
You can also call 01455 238141 and press option 1 to speak to the Housing Repairs Section between 8:30am and 5pm Monday to Thursday, and 8:30am to 4:30pm on Friday
Guidance and advisory videos
We have produced a range of videos to help you resolve some common repairs issues that our help desk has received. Please visit guidance and advisory videos for common repairs issues to view them.
Last updated: 12/04/2021 12:49