Reporting repairs

How to report a repair

Repairs in-House Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council

If your home needs repair work by the council you should contact us as soon as possible.

You can report a repair in one of the following ways:

  • By telephone - call 01455 238141 and press option 1 to speak to the Housing Repairs Section between 8.30am and 5pm Monday to Thursday, and 8.30am to 4.30pm on Friday
  • To report an emergency repair outside of these hours, please phone our Control Centre on 01455 251137
  • In person - you can call at the main reception at the council offices between 8.30am and 5pm Monday to Thursday, and 8.30am to 4.30pm on Friday
  • My housing online account - repairs can be requested using your online account once you have registered. To register for an account you will need your tenancy reference number. Please follow the instructions on register for a my housing account
  • Online - complete our contact form please tell us your name, address and what repair is needed
  • By letter - you can write to the Housing Department by addressing the letter to Housing Repairs and Maintenance, Hinckley and Bosworth Borough Council, Hinckley Hub, Rugby Road, Hinckley, LE10 0FR

If you are reporting a repair by letter make sure you include:

  • Your name and address
  • What repair is needed, including the location if possible
  • The days and times when someone will be at home, or other arrangements for us to get into the property
  • If you are leaving keys with a neighbour, please give us their address and phone number

Last updated: ‎19/05/2019