How to make a complaint or compliment


What is a complaint?

A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction, however made, about the standard of service, action or lack of action by the council or its staff, affecting an individual customer or a group of customers.

Who can complain?

Anyone using the council's services can complain about a service, either in person or through a third party.

How can I make a complaint?

Please use our complaints form. We aim to respond to you within 10 working days

Make a complaint

Alternatively make your complaint in writing to the address below or call 01455 255834 to make your complaint over the telephone.

Anonymous complaints will be accepted, but this can make it difficult for further action to be taken.

What happens next? 

Further information

A complaint does not include:

  • Request for a service (for example: a replacement bin, a housing repair)
  • Request for information or explanation of council policy or practice
  • Matters for which there is a right of appeal within the council or to an independent tribunal
  • Matters relating to a request for a service that has been previously notified to the council and is awaiting action within an agreed timescale (for example, a non-urgent housing repair that may be actioned up to 28 days after notification)
  • Matters where the council is not the provider or commissioner of the service
  • Issues about the conduct of a serving borough or parish councillor (See details of how to make a complaint about a councillor)

If you require any further information, please contact us.

Last updated: 30/10/2023 12:01