How to make a complaint or compliment

Make a complaint about a councillor

Who can make a complaint?

Anyone can make a complaint if they suspect a borough or parish councillor may have breached the Codes of Conduct or they want to complain about the conduct of a councillor. We can only deal with complaints about the behaviour of a councillor. We will not deal with complaints about things that are not covered by the code of conduct.

How do I complain?

If you wish to make a complaint about the conduct of a councillor of Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council, a parish councillor within the Hinckley and Bosworth area or co-opted member (someone who has been appointed to the council rather than elected) you can:

  • Complete our online form:

Make a complaint about a councillor

Alternatively, you can request a form by email:

When you make a complaint, we will ask you for:

  • Your details
  • Details of the member(s) who you suspect have breached the code of conduct
  • Date the breach occurred
  • Details of the breach, why you think the member has not followed the code of conduct
  • Witness details

Complaints procedure

For more information concerning how your complaint about a councillor will be dealt with see our arrangements for dealing with complaints against councillors (PDF)

Further information

View previous decisions of the Ethical Governance and Personnel Committee relating to code of conduct complaints.

To view the Register of Interests, gifts and hospitality, please contact Democratic Services on 01455 255879.

If your complaint is about a council service or member of staff visit complaints about the council or staff

If you require any further information, please contact the Monitoring Officer by email: or telephone 01455 255985.

Last updated: 30/10/2023 12:02