Coronavirus pandemic

There have been changes to services due to the coronavirus pandemic. Please contact us if you require assistance. Get the latest service information, government news and business support and advice.

Coronavirus: information, advice and FAQs

Help whilst away from home

What if my circumstances change?

If there is a change in your circumstances which means that you no longer intend to return to the property for which you are claiming housing benefit and council tax support, we will no longer be able to pay benefit. This will not affect any benefit paid while you still intended to return to the property. If there is any change in your circumstances, you must always let us know so that we pay your benefit correctly.

What if I disagree with the council’s decision on my housing benefit and council tax support claim?

If you disagree with our decision you can write and ask us to look at your claim again. You must contact us within one month of the date on the decision letter. You can also phone, write or visit us and ask us to explain the decision. You can also ask for a written statement of reasons which will show more information about the decision. If you are still not satisfied you can appeal. Please contact us and we will give you more information.

Last updated: ‎22‎/‎01‎/‎2020‎ ‎11‎:‎20‎