Universal credit

Universal credit in this borough

Universal credit has now gone live for all of the Hinckley and Bosworth area. This means you will only be able to make a new claim for housing benefit if your situation is covered under one of the exceptions below.


In this borough, you may be able to apply for housing benefit if:

  • You live in supported accommodation: for example, you may live in a hostel and be able to claim support fees
  • You live in temporary accommodation: for example, a bed and breakfast that has been allocated to you by your council
  • You are in receipt of the severe disability premium within your employment and support allowance or a previous housing benefit claim as long as this claim ended within the last calendar month
  • You and your partner are of pensionable age (over 65 years and five months). This will change with further pension age changes

If you do not meet these exceptions then you will need to claim universal credit

Last updated: ‎16‎/‎01‎/‎2020‎ ‎09‎:‎49‎