Council run events in Hinckley town centre
Event stewards will be on hand to ensure current government covid-19 guidelines are followed. Please take any litter away with you or dispose of it in a bin. Hand sanitising stations will be available during the event. The nearest toilets and handwashing facilities are on Station Road; the Leisure Centre toilets are currently not open to the general public. We ask you not to attend an event, if you have any coronavirus symptoms.
About our events programme
We are proud of our achievements in delivering high quality, family friendly events for local residents and visitors to enjoy.
The council aims to have a dynamic events programme to:
- Increase footfall into town centres
- Develop and raise cultural awareness
- Organise diverse events for the public
- Increase the economic viability of the borough
- To promote the council
With these aims the council will ensure events are run in a fun and safe manner for the benefit of the public.
All events are developed with Hinckley BID and Hinckley Town Centre Partnership.
Our events are safe events
We take event safety seriously: for each event, there is a rigorous risk assessment, a detailed event/traffic management plan and the completion of a Covid-19 planning form.
We are following relevant Covid-secure government guidance and will be taking all reasonable action to mitigate the risk to public health at our events this year. At most of our events you will see:
- More event staff, with 75% of our staff first aid trained
- Hand sanitising stations
- Additional toilet/hand washing facilities
- More use of our outdoor space
- Extra seating that is suitably spaced apart
- High street helpers
- Extra signage, such as QR codes at seating areas at events where food/drink are sold
- One way travel routes and queuing systems if suitable