Making of the Plan
Following an independent examination and a positive referendum result (referendum held 9 September 2021), the Borough Council have decided to formally 'make' the Markfield Neighbourhood Plan. This neighbourhood plan now forms part of the development plan for Hinckley and Bosworth and the policies in the plan will be given full weight when assessing planning applications in the neighbourhood area.
Download the final decision statement: Regulation 19 Statement Making of the Plan May 2021 (PDF)
Download the final 'made' plan: Markfield Neighbourhood Plan Made September 2021 (PDF)
Following the publication of the Decision Statement (Regulation 18) by Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council, the Markfield Neighbourhood Plan proceeded to referendum which took place on Thursday, 9 September 2021.
The question which will be asked in the Referendum is ‘Do you want Hinckley and Bosworth Borough Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Markfield Parish to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?’
The Referendum area was identical to the area which has been designated as the Markfield Neighbourhood Area. Households within the neighbourhood area were eligible to vote, but please note this did not include some properties within the Field Head area of Markfield. The properties outside of the designated area, and therefore ineligible to vote are listed below.
Addresses not eligible to vote in Markfield Neighbourhood Plan Referendum:
- Charnwood Drive: All
- Countryman Way: 22, 24
- Jacqueline Road: All
- Leicester Road: Odds 119-329, Evens 228-336, Charnwood Court
- Markfield Lane: All
- Link Rise: continuous 1-8
- Ratby Lane: Odds 9-39, Evens 4-40, 42
- The Pinfold: 6, 7, 8
Specified documents for the referendum:
- Markfield Neighbourhood Plan Referendum Version (July 2021) (PDF)
- Markfield Neighbourhood Plan Examiner’s Report (PDF)
- Summary of Representations submitted to the Independent Examiner (PDF)
- Hinckley and Bosworth Borough Council Response submitted to the Independent Examiner (PDF)
- Basic Conditions and Compliance Statement (PDF)
- General Information on town and country planning (including neighbourhood planning) and the referendum (PDF)
Further Information on the referendum can be found in the Markfield Neighbourhood Plan referendum information statement (PDF)
Decision Statement (Regulation 18)
As required by the neighbourhood planning regulations a decision statement (Regulation 18) has been published which outlines what action the Borough Council will take in response to the recommendations made by the Independent Examiner:
- Markfield Neighbourhood Plan Decision Statement (Regulation 18) (PDF)
- Markfield Neighbourhood Plan Table of Modification - May 2021 (PDF)
The examination of the Markfield Neighbourhood Plan was undertaken by Mr Chris Collison and concluded on 28th May 2021. The Examiner's report is available to view now:
Following the publicity and consultation stage, all comments have been forwarded to the Neighbourhood Plan Examiner appointed by the Local Planning Authority and Markfield Parish Council.
The examination into the Markfield Neighbourhood Plan is currently taking place, and the Examiner has issued his formal commencement of the examination. You can find the Examiner's initial letter below:
- The Examiner's initial letter: formal commencement of the Examination into Markfield Neighbourhood Plan, 1 April 2021 (PDF)
The Regulation 16 responses are published here: regulation 16 submission consultation responses
If the examination results in a positive response either to proceed to referendum with or without modifications, the council will seek to proceed to the public referendum stage as soon as is reasonably practical.
Thursday, 20 May 2021
- Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council response to examiner's clarification letter, question 1 only (PDF)
Thursday, 13 May 2021
- Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council response to examiner’s clarification letter (PDF)
- Markfield Parish Council response to examiner’s clarification letter (PDF)
- Markfield Parish Council additional documents submitted in response to examiner’s clarification letter:
- Markfield NDP Avison Young response (PDF)
- Markfield NDP Land Registry document (PDF)
- Markfield NDP London Road Statement of Community Involvement (PDF)
- Markfield NDP map of local nature reserves (PDF)
- Markfield NDP map of Regionally Important Geological Sites (PDF)
- Markfield NDP methodology settlement boundaries (PDF)
- Markfield NDP Map of sites of special scientific interest (PDF)
Monday, 3 May 2021
Thursday, 15 April 2021
- Markfield Parish Council Response to Hinckley and Bosworth Borough Council Regulation 16 Representation (PDF)
- Markfield Parish Council Response to Regulation 16 Representations (PDF)
- Markfield Parish Council Housing Note (PDF)
- Markfield Parish Council Minutes of the Extra Ordinary Meeting held via Zoom on Monday, 12 April 2021 at 7.00 pm (PDF)
- Markfield Parish Council Consideration of Regulation 14 Representations (PDF)
Markfield Neighbourhood Plan submission documents
The submission consultation took place between Wednesday 10 February 2021, and 5pm on Wednesday 24 March 2021.
You can view the neighbourhood plan and supporting documents below or visit Markfield Neighbourhood Plan (npsg.markfieldpc.org.uk)
- Markfield NDP submission draft plan (PDF)
- Submission notice and consultation guidance notes (PDF)
- Markfield NDP basic conditions statement (PDF)
- Markfield NDP consultations statement (PDF)
- Map of Markfield Neighbourhood Plan designated area (PDF)
- Markfield Parish Council - Markfield NDP minutes of the extraordinary meeting 30 Jan 2021 (PDF)
All documents relating to the strategic environmental assessment screening report and habitat regulations assessment decision, which were submitted by Markfield Parish Council during a previous stage of the NDP, can be found below.
Strategic environmental assessment screening determination
The purpose of a screening statement is to set out a screening opinion in relation to whether a strategic environmental assessment (SEA) process is required to accompany the development of a neighbourhood plan. The Borough Council has issued a SEA screening opinion report and determination in relation to the draft Markfield Neighbourhood Plan. The screening determination is that a strategic environmental assessment and habitat regulations assessment of the Markfield Neighbourhood Plan is not required due to there being no adverse comments from the statutory consultation bodies and for the reasons set out in the Markfield strategic environmental assessment screening report:
- Strategic environmental assessment (SEA) screening report (PDF)
- Strategic environmental assessment (SEA) screening determination notice (PDF)
- Habitats regulation assessment (HRA) determination notice (PDF)
- Strategic environmental assessment (SEA) screening report – addendum - Sept 2020 (PDF)
For more information on the Markfield Neighbourhood Development Plan, including how you can get involved, please contact the parish clerk via email email@example.com or phone on 07989 169044 or 01530 245933.
The personal data you have supplied to Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council during this consultation period will be processed in accordance with Article 6(1)(e) of the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018. Together with your comments, it will be used as part of the statutory plan making process and will be available for public inspection. Signatures, email addresses and telephone numbers will be removed before disclosure as a matter of course. We cannot provide anonymity or accept comments marked ‘private or confidential’ and comments that include offensive, racist, discriminatory, threatening and other non-relevant statements will be destroyed.
Last updated: 12/01/2022 15:39