We will ensure we waste less as a borough and stop dependence on single use plastic.
- Minimise the use of single use plastic across the council
- Promote waste and plastic reduction through the council’s event programme
- Encourage food businesses to move to plastic free
- Promote the delivery of a circular economy through encouraging upcycling, re-sale, reuse and recycling of goods rather than landfill
- Implement changes to waste and recycling collections to meet the 2021 Environment Bill requirements, for example, weekly food waste collections
Consultation - Leicestershire’s Resources and Waste Strategy 2022 to 2050
The consultation for Leicestershire’s Resources and Waste Strategy 2022 to 2050 has now closed. The consultation ran from 31 January 2022 to 25 April 2022.
The strategy examines what happens to your recycling and waste and how this can help reduce climate change and save raw materials.
For more information on the strategy please visit Leicestershire's Resources and Waste Strategy-2022-2050 past consultation (leicestershire.gov.uk)
Last updated: 24/01/2023 09:38