Maintenance due to annual billing

The facility to manage business rates will be unavailable 20 to 26 February. The facility to manage council tax and benefits will be unavailable 22 to 26 February. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Litter and litter bins

Report litter

The most common items are sweet wrappers, cigarettes and cigarette butts. Discarded chewing gum is also classed as litter. Small quantities (less than a bag of rubbish) are classed as litter and larger quantities are classed as fly-tipping.

Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council has a duty to clear litter from public places such as streets and pavements.

If you notice a specific problem and would like to report this to us, please complete our online reporting form.

To report a litter problem, tell us:

  • What litter needs clearing up
  • Location:
    • Exact location (park or open space, car park, street name and nearest landmark, village)
    • What3words location - You have the option of providing a What3words location (
  • Your contact details (optional)
  • Photograph (optional)

Report a litter problem

Alternatively, you can telephone our help line on 01455 238141.

Further information:

Report other litter problems:

You may also be interested in: