Essential maintenance this weekend

More about unavailable services

How to apply for a personal licence

Licence summary

Straight to applying for a personal licence

A personal licence is separate from a premises licence, which is used for the supply of alcohol. It authorises you to supply alcohol from premises with a premises licence and it is valid indefinitely unless surrendered, suspended, revoked or declared forfeit by the courts.

Anybody can apply for a personal licence, whether or not you are currently employed or have business interests associated with the use of the licence. An individual may hold only one personal licence at any one time.

To apply for a personal licence with Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council under the Licensing Act 2003 you must:

  • Be a resident of the Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council area
  • Be over 18 years old
  • Have no 'unspent' relevant or foreign convictions as detailed in Schedule 4 and Section 113 of the Licensing Act 2003

Licensing of individuals separately from the licensing of premises allows personal licence holders to work in different pubs, allowing greater flexibility. The act also provides the police and licensing authorities with powers to deal with personal licence holders who do not adhere to the law.

Last updated: ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2018‎ ‎10‎:‎48‎