How do I make a claim for universal credit?
You will need to make a claim for universal credit online, once it is awarded you can manage your account and check on your payments online.
If you live in a postcode where universal credit is now live, you can now make a claim online: Apply for universal credit (GOV.UK)
What information do I need?
When you attend your initial work search interview you will be required to take all the documents of evidence that you used to claim online. You will also need to take:
- Your postcode
- Your national insurance number
- Details of the bank, building society or credit union account you want universal credit paid into
- Your original rent agreement (if you have one)
- Details of your up-to-date rent agreement (if you have one)
- Details of your up-to-date rent payment including any service charges
- Details of your savings
- Details of any income that's not from work, for example, from an insurance plan
- Details of any other benefits you're getting
- You might also need these details for people who live in your home, for example, your partner
Last updated: 07/12/2017 14:10:43