Getting started on Hinckley Market
There are three markets held each week on Monday, Friday and Saturday in Hinckley town centre. Hinckley Market is a well balanced market consisting of 40 outdoor stalls run by Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council. The market is kept well balanced by only allowing one or two of each line to be sold. So if you have any unusual products that we have no other trader selling please call Gary Shepherd on 07966 201305.
Alternatively, you may apply for a stall by completing an online form. Please note that if you intend to sell food on the stall you will also need to apply for a licence to trade as a food establishment. This may also be done electronically by completing an application for approval of a food business establishment. You will not be able to sell food until this has been approved.
To start trading you will need £5,000,000 public liability and if employees are to work on the stall £10,000,000 employers liability insurance is also required. If you intend to trade as a 'one-man band', public liability insurance alone is fine. Proof of this will need to be shown before trading commences.
Stalls are provided and erected by Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council. Sizes of the stalls are 3 metres wide and 3.5 metres deep with a tabletop serving area of 3 metres by 1.4 metres. Top sheets are provided for traders to put on themselves. Back and side sheets can be used but must be clear and need to be supplied by the trader.
Why trade on Hinckley Market?
Licensed traders benefit from:
- Guaranteed prime pitch location
- Discount on multiple stalls: 25% on second stall, 50% on third and consecutive stalls
- Holiday entitlements: four concessionary days mean that on top of the bank holidays, there are four weeks holiday built into your monthly payments that you don't pay rent for
- Sickness benefit: market rent will be refunded in full for an unlimited period, when covered by a doctor’s sick note
- Fees for casual traders and licensed traders
New traders benefit from:
- Introduction scheme – one week's free trading for new traders who have been invited to stand on our market via an introduction from one of our established traders
- Free week of trading for new traders on production of promotional card
- First four weeks of half price trading to new traders (certain exclusions apply)
- Specialist advice to new traders, including insurance advice
- Option to self-erect stalls in non-primary spaces, at zone two prices (applies to a maximum of one 3 metres x 3 metres pop-up stall)
- Advertising on social media will feature promotion of individual stalls on a rotation and/or seasonal basis
Additional information for market traders
Hinckley market licence conditions, procedures and charter:
Last updated: 28/03/2022 09:12