Apply for help paying rent

What help is available if I cannot afford my rent?

Apply for housing benefit

If you cannot afford to pay your rent, you can apply for housing benefit. If you are entitled to help with your rent you can ask for your benefit to be paid into your bank account.

Local housing allowance

Find out housing benefit is calculated.

Under occupancy

You may have a reduction in your rent due to under occupying your property.

Help whilst away from home

Under certain circumstances you may be able to get help with your rent and council tax if you are away from home on a temporary basis.

Two homes

We may be able to help you pay your rent if you need to pay for two homes.